Frequently Asked Questions
- What type of payment do you take? Cash and Check (sorry, we cannot accept Credit Cards at this time)
- Do I have to bring all the records of my dog's shots? No
- Can I bring my puppy to the first puppy class which is an orientation class? No
- What type of training equipment will I need for classes?
- Flat collars, martingale collars, premier easy walk harness, prong collars, slip collars, (no slip collars or prong collars in puppy class without instructor approval)
- Six-foot leather or nylon leashes (please do not bring/use chain or retractable leashes)
- A treat training bag, water and a bowl, and a mat or towel for the settle (go to your place) exercise
- What if I miss a class? If you miss a class in your puppy or beginning adult series, the instructor will provide you with the content of the missed class and give you an overview of it at the next class. This will allow you to keep up with the rest of the classes in the series and get the content of the class at which you were absent.
If you miss multiple classes, the instructor may recommend you transition to another series that started later and would be at the point you started missing in your current series.
We cannot accept students into a series that has already begun. You must attend the first class We have new series beginning every 3 - 4 weeks so you'll have the opportunity to start when it works for your schedule.
- What is your refund policy? Pro-rated Refunds are provided up until the end of the second class or upon cancellation of a class by SBDOS.
- What is the best class for my dog? Give us a call or email us the basic information on your dog and any issues you want addressed. Information such as age, any previous training, how long you've had the dog, any specific issues/attitude problems, training goals (eg I want him to become a Therapy Dog eventually), etc and we will help determine the best class.
- Do you sell supplies for the classes? We sell leashes, harnesses and collars. We do not sell pet treats for training.
- Children at School: Family members are encouraged to come and watch the classes. However, it is school policy that an adult other than the person training the dog must supervise children under the age of 10 years old.
- Rainy Day Policy: If you are enrolled in a basic or puppy class, you need to check the home page for notifications about if the class is going to be cancelled. If you are signing up for a new basic or puppy class, please check the home page to see if we will be open and you should come for registration. We will hold class if weather allows.